cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue connecting mesh routers (but not main router)

ronniebellie
Community Member

I'm having ani issue connecting the Google mesh routers to my main Google router. I've had the three routers for years (purchased from Costco about 3-4 years ago( and they have worked well, but this time when setting up, although the main router is successfully connected (via ethernet cable) to my Comcast modem, I'm not able to connect the other two. I start creating the mesh and scan the QR code for verification on the first one, then when it say's "Connecting to wifi ..." it fails every time. I've tried resetting those two routers several times. Nothing seems to work. The main router as mentioned above is working, but the house is big, and I want to get the other two working as well like I've done before. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ronniebellie
Community Member

After hours of trying to figure this out, I discovered it the was Cloud Relay settings on my phone which are part of the recent IOS 15 install. Had to turn that off each time the device connected (using it's own wifi named after the device) to my the primary network. All is well now. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ronniebellie
Community Member

After hours of trying to figure this out, I discovered it the was Cloud Relay settings on my phone which are part of the recent IOS 15 install. Had to turn that off each time the device connected (using it's own wifi named after the device) to my the primary network. All is well now. 

View solution in original post