Why am I only getting less than half of my internet speed ( approx 850/850) when all of my pucks are wired? The highest speed I have seen on wifi is around 300. The average i around 200/200. My setup is 2 Nest Wifi Routers, and 2 google wifi routers. The Main router is a Nest Router.
I have to tried to google fixes but can't find anything. I have ipv6 disabled. I have toggled cloud.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Here is a YouTube Video that explains how a setup should look.
Follow that, and build it out 1 point at a time. Do speed measurements at each step. I would guess you will run into problems when you plug the Google router in.
You should get 800/800 wired, as the device is acting as a wired switch, nothing more. To trouble shoot your problem, power off all the Goole points accept your main Nest router. Do a wireless speed test. This will be your baseline wireless speed between the router and the device. Now add a puck and do the speed test again, next to the router, and by the puck. It is important to realize, that you can have too much wifi coverage, and the devices will interfere with each other.
Hey, not that you want to hear this, but I did some digging, and this seems to be a long standing issue. Here is a thread that shows what others have tried and things that may have or had not worked for them.
I faced this issue and have tried a long list if things to try to fix. After 2 weeks this morning first time I got max speed test results. The one setting that may have impact this is setting one specific client to 'priority' for 8 hours.
IMO, Nest Wi-Fi firmware is throttling some clients in an effort to preserve bandwidth for other clients. It's a stupid idea and Google should fix it.