cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Wi-Fi Pro updating cameras

Smalltimore
Community Member

I just upgraded to the Google nest Wi-Fi Pro and I needed to switch the Wi-Fi address to the existing cameras and I couldn't get anything to. So I deleted them from the app I rebooted all the cameras and I still can't get them to show up or to connect to the new Wi-Fi. HELP! 

6 REPLIES 6

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Smalltimore 

Google Nest generally doesn't make it easy to change Wi-Fi settings. In fact, they say: "The simplest fix for most Nest products is to update your home network so that the network name (SSID) and password are the same as before." (https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9223711?hl=en#zippy=%2Ctry-the-same-network-name-and-pa...). When we got a new router/modem, we set the network name (SSID) and password to the same values used on the old router/modem, and did not have to update any of our Google Nest devices.

If you can't do that, then the Google Nest process calls for removing the Google Nest device(s) from the Google Nest app or the Google Home app while you are still on the old Wi-Fi network, then doing a factory reset, and then reinstalling on the new Wi-Fi network.  If you fail to remove the device while you are still on your old Wi-Fi network, you can encounter issues you cannot resolve (like messages saying the device is connected to another account [yours!]).

If you can't resolve it, you may need to contact Support (https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp) to see if you can get someone knowledgeable who can override the controls Google Nest imposes.

PatrickP_Viking
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

I echo the first two suggestions @MplsCustomer stated but wanted to add something additional.

This article (https://support.google.com/googlenest/topic/6246470?hl=en&ref_topic=9832540 ) takes you through the Nest Wifi network settings and how to configure them to set the new devices up like the old one. It will also help you troubleshoot issues and/or find settings that you need to enable/disable so the cameras will work with the new Nest Wifi.

If everything is set up correctly and they still will not connect, you might need to reset the cameras and set them up again. 

Hey folks, 

We appreciate your help here, @PatrickP_Viking and @MplsCustomer.
@Smalltimore, I wanted to follow up and see if you are still in need of any help. Please let me know if you are still having any concerns or questions from here, as I would be happy to take a closer look and assist you further.

Thanks,
Mel

Hey there,

Checking back in should you still have some questions here. Let us know by replying to this thread. 

Best, 
Mel

Thanks all I figured it out I just deleted the cameras from the app and I reset the cameras itself. What a initially did wrong is I didn't press and hold the reset button long enough. It should be like 20 seconds and not 8 seconds to reset it. 

Hey Smalltimore, 

Awesome — glad to hear that your issue is fixed. It looks like we can consider this one complete, so I will lock the thread shortly unless I can help out with anything else. 

Best, 
Mel