cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Wifi Bluetooth connection to speaker issue

Guelphguy
Community Member

Myself and hundreds of others have reported an issue with Nest Wifi Point Bluetooth functionality with bluetooth speakers. 

When a bluetooth speaker is initial paired with a speaker it works fine, but after several hours or days, the connection seems to become corrupt. 

Upon reconnecting the speaker to Nest Wifi point, it beeps as if it is paired, but no sound comes out of it, sound only keeps coming out of the point itself and not the speaker, and address in Google home paired devices just shows an address instead of showing the name of the speaker.  The only remedy for this is unplugging the point and re-plugging it in, or restarting through Google home.  It works for a bit and then same thing happens - connection with speaker but no sound playing.  This is not a an acceptable solution to unplug or restart my point every time I want to play audio through my bluetooth speaker- there is something obviously wrong with the software and/or hardware causing this.

Reports of this has been going on for a year and a half, and despite many reports of this, it has not been fixed and is very frustrating to myself, as well as many others.

When is Google going to fix this problem with basic functionality with Nest Wifi point bluetooth connection to speakers?

82 REPLIES 82

DanInWilkins
Community Member

Same problem here. After initially pairing, it works fine. But if only a few days pass before I try to connect again, the Wi-fi point is connected, but no sound. And I have to reset the point, which takes at least 5 minutes. This is not just annoying and unacceptable, it's infuriating. We didn't pay $400 for something not to work correctly. Especially not a Google product. The Wi-fi expansion works great. But this bluetooth issue must be fixed. 

lfranklin44
Community Member

I've had the issue for a while and have found a workaround and the possible issue(contention between your connecting devices):

1. Bluetooth connection from iPhone to speaker using various apps (Apple Music, Sirius XM, etc)

2. Connect to phone each day by voice...."Connect Bluetooth"...In most cases the response is already connected

3. All works fine for a few days until I notice no sound, but Apple Music playing for instance.

4. When it happens, go into your Google Home app under "Media" and you'll notice the sound is at 0 (zero).  Bump that up and you'll start hearing sound again

5. My theory is that it's not so much the endpoint device as the initiating device (iPhone etc).   If you have multiple connections to your speaker from multiple phones, the last connection request to the speaker will override.   Whatever the settings were on that last device are most likely muting or setting your speaker volume to zero.

6.  I've had several weeks with zero issues (unless another phone with the Google Nest configured for Bluetooth connection comes in range while playing media).   When that does happen, I just change the volume setting again in Google Home under Media.

Model: H2E

Firmware: 1.56.315675

Note:  I haven't rebooted my speaker/wifi endpoint in weeks and listen via Bluetooth connection everyday.

Jayjay2
Community Member

Lfranklin44, it isn’t the low volume.  My google mini Bluetooth is always disconnecting, nothing to do with volume. It makes the disconnecting sound. June 24, 2023 and they still haven’t fixed it because they just don’t care or it would be fixed by now.