cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Wifi Pro with new iPad Pro M2 Wifi 6E won't connect

Riggers1501
Community Member

I have upgraded my Nest Wifi to Wifi Pro this morning. All seems OK with all my devices reporting a much quicker connection from the new 3 pack. However, I also have a new iPad Pro - it cannot connect to the Nest Wifi Pro at the default 6E, just spins. If I go into the network setting on the iPad, and change Wi-Fi 6E mode from Automatic to Off, it will connect. I have tried resetting the iPad network settings - just sits spinning when you try to connect to 6E.

Am I missing something here?

6 REPLIES 6

PatrickP_Viking
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

According to this Apple Support document (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213433 ) this is a known issue. Since your Nest Wifi Pro is capable of Wifi 6E, I'd advise to contact Apple Suppport ti have them troubleshoot the iPad.

Riggers1501
Community Member

Thanks for the link, I had checked it our in the first instance. It all seems to work fine now, I did a reset of networks on the iPad last night, I then did a complete reboot of everything on the network just after that. I have then rebooted the iPad this morning - I went into Settings /  Wifi, selected the network name - it asked for the key and then connected - Boom - Wifi 6E is set to automatic and network available. However, it doesnt seem any quicker on a speed test than with 6E set to off on the iPad. 

There's a lot of factors that can affect the speed, mostly your ISP and the plan you have. If you don't have the speed available, then you won't see any real difference for the most part. However, if you had a lot of devices on 5GHz then the 6GHz band with Wifi 6E should show some improvement in general since you are getting away from the congestion. Plus WPA3 is more secure (default with 6E).

Here's a good article that breaks things down fairly well: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CURRENT WI-FI STANDARDS 

Hey folks, 

We appreciate your help here, @PatrickP_Viking.
@Riggers1501, I wanted to follow up and see if you are still in need of any help. Please let me know if you are still having any concerns or questions from here, as I would be happy to take a closer look and assist you further.

Thanks,
Mel

Hey all,

Checking back in should you still have some questions here. Let us know by replying to this thread. 

Best, 
Mel

Hi everyone,

Just one quick final check in here since activity has slowed down. We'll be locking the thread in the next 24 hours, but if you still need help, I would be happy to keep it open. If there's more we can do, just let me know.

Thanks,
Mel