cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest wifi point will not connect

MikelMartin
Community Member

I have Google nest wifi mesh points and router. I have been using the router and one of the points and they are working fine. I moved to a different home I found i didn't need my second point. So I boxed and stored it for possible later use.

Now I need to use it. But it will not connect. I have read that when they have not been connected for a while it can be an issue.

I have tried;

the home app and the device utility app (several times).

I have tried multiple phones, and an iPAD.

I have tried factory resetting the device.

Nothing will allow it to connect. 

Anyone have other thoughts on how to get this to work? Or maybe a way to connect google/nest directly?

1 Recommended Answer

MikelMartin
Community Member

For anyone that finds this because they are having a similar issue...

After doing a factory reset on the WIFI point, i had to reboot the router node.

Not sure why, but it did resolve the issue. I did this on the advice from Nest support.

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You mentioned trying a factory reset, was that by following these steps, using the physical reset button on the device? You do need to patient with this, as it can take up to 10 minutes. If it has been powered off or disconnected from the internet for 6 months, it will factory reset itself the next time it connects to the internet. 

Factory reset your Wifi device - Google Nest Help

What colour is the light on the device? Make sure it's slowly pulsing white, which means it's ready for setup.

What the light on your Wifi device means - Google Nest Help

The device utility app and Google Wifi app are of no use to you and are not needed if you're already using the Google Home app. During setup, does the app detect the Wifi point? Try these steps:

Troubleshoot Google Nest Wifi setup issues - Google Nest Help

If you'd prefer, you can contact the support team directly:

1. Go to Contact Us - Google Nest Help
  2. Select an appropriate option, type a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
  3. Click "Other", then click "Next step" until you see the contact options.
  4. Choose to get a call or call or chat with the team as available in your country.

MikelMartin
Community Member

when it powers up it pulses white. Then I start the process and it goes yellow, then it connects and goes blue. It all works until I get to the point where it wants the wifi name and password. At which point I get an error stating that it can not communicate with the device.

MikelMartin
Community Member

For anyone that finds this because they are having a similar issue...

After doing a factory reset on the WIFI point, i had to reboot the router node.

Not sure why, but it did resolve the issue. I did this on the advice from Nest support.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Interesting. Appreciate you sharing that feedback!