cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Problem connecting to cloud

Skuli
Community Member

Help pls. Just bought Google Nest WiFi Router and point. Downloaded Google home app to my Iphone. Now I'm trying to set up the router but continue to receive the following error "Problem connecting to cloud". I´v disconnected both Power- and Ethernet cables, deleted and reinstalled the app, still I continue to receive the same error. Any advice would be appreciated.

Best regards

Skuli 

1 Recommended Answer

kiltguy2112
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

If your old router was supplied by your ISP, is it still in line before your new router?  A good number of ISP's tie router MAC address to their system. Knowing what you had and how you are trying to connect things now will help alot.

View Recommended Answer in original post

47 REPLIES 47

MahmoodAlhakeem
Community Member

I hope someone who finds the solution will provide us with that.

karenlm
Community Member

I still have this issue.  Two nest speakers are connected OK, but when I try to connect the third via Google Home App on my iPhone, I get the "Problem connecting to cloud" message and can't get any further.  Do I need to return the Speaker for a replacement?  I have tried to follow Jeff's instructions but I can't see a wifi icon in the Google Home app... tried to follow the steps indirectly, but still can't solve this annoying issue.

PS. I don't have a new router or ISP

Pintosar
Community Member

I used a different home profile and that worked for me

Jmalc
Community Member

Thanks. I somehow got everything connected and have 110mbps up and down, still get same errors setting up devices, but they all play well with eachother and it doesn't effect functionality. Was awful customer experience though!

Molafson
Community Member

When ever i open the google home app it will no longer work. It just says “problem connecting to cloud.” It was working earlier this evening when I set up our Nest door bell. I left home for a few hours and came back and not it will not work at all.

Rpounds3
Community Member

i have a google tv.,I’m trying to change my screen saver picture..BUTT..it’s keep saying.,” Problem Connecting To Cloud “..it’s been telling me that for weeks now.!! Can anyone help me out.?.

db25_90
Community Member

I get the same “Problem Connecting to Cloud” message when trying to set up an indoor Nest Cam (wired) and when trying to set up the camera on a new Nest Hub Max.  I’ve tried all of the solutions in this thread and nothing has worked.  It’s infuriating.  

IslandGuy
Community Member

I’m trying to setup a Nest Thermostat, but I keep getting the “trouble connecting to cloud” error. I’ve tried all recommended troubleshooting, but nothing is working. Has anyone figured this out yet?  Why is it still an issue after at least a year??