cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why wifi points keep dropping from network?

BudsSpud
Community Member

We are in a 3 story townhouse.   Modem and router on 1st floor, wifi points on 2nd and 3rd floor.  Just this week alone we have had to restart the points twice.  Everything is at most recent updates.  What should we do to improve stability of these points?

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

What happens when you do a mesh test to check the connection between your points?

Test mesh connection - Google Nest Help

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

What happens when you do a mesh test to check the connection between your points?

Test mesh connection - Google Nest Help

BudsSpud
Community Member

Sometimes they will have a great/good connection, sometimes one will be offline.  When they drop sometimes a restart via Home restores the connection, sometimes they have to be hard booted.  The firmware is current.  Wonder if they just need to be restarted weekly? 

cfalls
Community Member

I have the same issue.  Google support was unable to get my wifi points reconnected to the mesh after a factory reset.

Do you have Sonos speakers?  Just trying to figure out if there's a common element.

I'm in a rural area with little interference, and I had no issue with the older generation Google Wifi.  I've had lots of issues with Nest Wifi Pro.  Two points and three Sonos speakers currently can't connect.  Sometimes a phone or laptop can't connect.  Restarting the primary Nest Wifi Pro usually resolves issues with phones and laptops but the two non-primary Nest Wifi Pros and the three Sonos speakers can't connect after many factory resets and so on over the course of a month or so, with both Sonos and Google tech support.