cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Connect Error score NA013

SidYang
Community Member

I have my 2 Yale locks connected through Nest secure however due to the service is shutting down I got a nest connect to replace as the wifi router.

i tried so many times to add the nest connect but it always showed NA013 and cannot connect that, which is even before I can connect my Yale locks to Nest Connect.

Tried factory reset the Nest connect it didn’t help. Still showed error code NA013 when I tried to add Nest connect in my nest app. 
need help as Nest secure service is shutting down next week.

thanks,

sid

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

The only way to resolve this is to create a new home structure and setup the Nest Connect in the new home. Once setup, you can then move most (but not all) products to the new home structure. Devices that cannot be moved will need to be factory reset and set up again in the home structure.

Manage homes and products with the Nest app - Google Nest Help

View Recommended Answer in original post

12 REPLIES 12

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

The only way to resolve this is to create a new home structure and setup the Nest Connect in the new home. Once setup, you can then move most (but not all) products to the new home structure. Devices that cannot be moved will need to be factory reset and set up again in the home structure.

Manage homes and products with the Nest app - Google Nest Help

@David_K I really hope you are joking.

I also have a home with 50+ devices, with nest secure. Google sent me a nest connect for my yale locks, so they work after the secure shutdown, but i cannot add it to my home. I get an error every time with android and apple phones.

Please provide a tenable solution or have an engineer fix the root issue. Escalate as needed.

Creating a new home and moving dozens of devices is not an acceptable user experience. Especially for a product we are being forced to implement.

Thank you,

SidYang
Community Member

Same here, i also have so many devices in the original home. I will be very disappointed if this is how google decided to shut down the service while not able to even provide a solution to transfer for the existing users/ homes created. 

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

As far as I'm aware from the many times I've seen this occur, there is no other workaround unfortunately.

For clarity, I don't work for Google.

Hello @David_K 

In another thread is was suggested we could create a 2nd home, move all current devices there temporarily, add the connect to the original home, then move everything back to the original home. Can you confirm this is another solution, opposed to:

"The only way to resolve this is to create a new home structure and setup the Nest Connect in the new home"

Would there be a need to factory reset anything with this method? or can everything be done in the app? would this cause loss of recording or any other negative?

Thank you,

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

That's another option that's slightly less disruptive depending on the devices you have, as some cannot be moved between homes, meaning you'd still need to reset them.

nfarina
Community Member

I can only hope you woke up this morning thinking to yourself, "I wish I could spend the whole day rebuilding my Nest home!"

Because that's what I had to do. I too had a Secure that I needed to replace with a Connect. I tried the approach of removing devices from my home, since none of mine could be "transferred" to a temporary home. One by one, I would remove a device then try setting up the Connect again, but it didn't work until I had removed every single device from my Nest account.

Once my home was empty, I could finally add the Connect. I then had the pleasure of physically uninstalling every Nest device in my home, resetting them all to factory defaults, and setting them up as if brand new. Those "convenient" QR codes you need to scan to set them up are in the most inconvenient places.

So get your ladder out! Remove every Protect from the ceiling, remove every camera from the wall, get your special doorbell-removal-paperclip from the box you definitely saved, and get those locks off the door. Reset, reset, reset, then set them all up again in the Nest app. You'll love staring at the little blue spinner for hours, because of course each device setup fails 50% of the time.

Out of all my devices: 7 Protects, 5 Cameras, 1 Sensor, and a Thermostat, only the Thermostat actually remembered any settings. So I didn't have to remake my heating/cooling schedule again. Small mercy.

Slow clap for Google, who is still—still!—struggling through their 10-year-old Nest acquisition. Great job team!

This is completely insane. I do not understand how the "downgrade" flow of losing Nest Secure involved being completely unable to enroll a new Nest Connect which was billed as a "simple" replacement for the Secure functionality. Instead, I'm going to have to... factory reset every single device in my house to get it re-added back to my "new structure"?

I'm absolutely livid. It makes no sense. Honestly considering moving _just_ the locks over, as absurd as that sounds. 

Google, just so you have this straight: we hate you for this. It's poor product management, the worst user experience you could possibly push on to someone, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves. 

SidYang
Community Member

I am extremely disappointed. I am actually very angry how this was managed. Google doesn’t care about the user experiences. I do not want to uninstall the other devices and to climb up scanning those stupid QR codes for this. And now my 2 so called smart locks become 2 very dumb locks. I am also very disappointed by all these negative user posts in this google nest community even didn’t bother to get google nest service team’s attention and reaction at all. I wonder if google just gave up their smart home ecosystem?

SidYang
Community Member

FYI I ended up creating a new home and installed the Nest connect there as the first device. Then removed the Yale locks from the existing home, factory reset and moved them to that new home. So now I have 2 homes in nest app, one with all my existing cameras, doorbell, thermostat and nest protects, the other one is just with nest connect and the Yale locks. Not great but at least I can have the locks connect to wifi while not needing to touch the other existing nest products…

This is so asinine it borders on being utterly insane. I cannot believe this is the flow they expect. I'm just leaving them in plain ol' dumb mode, because at least they're still mated to the dumb Nest Secure in offline mode, which is more useful for me for now. But wow, what an epic miss from Google, and a pure unforced error. 

OceanWaves
Community Member

For what its worth, I was able to add a Nest Connect by restarting my wifi router. I immediately added the new Connect via the Nest app as soon as the wifi went back up. There are a few minutes where the other Nest devices are not online and it allows me to sneak in and add it.

My Yale x Nest lock is now back working again.