cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest connect wont factory reset

Tmerich
Community Member

My Nest Connect stopped connecting to my Yale lock. After resetting everything I noticed that when i tried the factory reset on the Nest Connect that it went solid yellow then solid green. I removed the Connect from Nest and tried to re add it. When i did, the app said there were old settings still on the connect and it needed to be reset. 

This is after I did the factory reset. 

How do I get the Nest Connect to forget its old settings if the factory reset isnt doing it?

1 Recommended Answer

@Tmerich 

My apologies for carelessly misreading your post. Supposedly, this is supposed to work:

1. Plug Connect into a power outlet.
2. Hold down Connect’s button until the light pulses blue (about 10 seconds). Then, release the button.
3. Wait for Connect’s light to turn green, which means the restart is complete.
4. Check whether your Connect and Detects come back online in the app.

Important: If you hold Connect’s button for much longer than 8 seconds, the light will turn yellow, which means your Connect is preparing to factory reset. To prevent this after the light turns yellow, immediately release the button, and then press the button once more to cancel the factory reset.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9235363?hl=en&sjid=9292988381124716108-NC#zippy=%2Crest...

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Tmerich 

When you attempted the factory reset of your Nest Protect, did it say its version number, followed by a verbal countdown, followed by it telling you it was erasing all settings, as described here?

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9226486?hl=en&sjid=5984823350458499008-NA#zippy=%2Crese...

Tmerich
Community Member

I dont use Nest Protect. Its my Nest Connect. So no my Nest Connect did not count down or say a version number. I dont think Nest Connect has a speaker. Just a light. 

@Tmerich 

My apologies for carelessly misreading your post. Supposedly, this is supposed to work:

1. Plug Connect into a power outlet.
2. Hold down Connect’s button until the light pulses blue (about 10 seconds). Then, release the button.
3. Wait for Connect’s light to turn green, which means the restart is complete.
4. Check whether your Connect and Detects come back online in the app.

Important: If you hold Connect’s button for much longer than 8 seconds, the light will turn yellow, which means your Connect is preparing to factory reset. To prevent this after the light turns yellow, immediately release the button, and then press the button once more to cancel the factory reset.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9235363?hl=en&sjid=9292988381124716108-NC#zippy=%2Crest...

I want to do the factory reset. What am i looking for after it turns yellow? I've held the button until it turns yellow. I've released it and continued to hold it on multiple attempts. It just goes back to solid green. Upon trying to set it up on the nest app, the app says the Connect still had previous settings on it.