I'm on my 2nd Yale X Nest lock in a year. They both have had the same issue. When attempting to lock it says it can't lock it is jammed. This happens even when I press the lock button with the door open. Now the lock just doesn't do anything....
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your Yale lock! If you haven't already, you can learn here how to factory reset your Yale lock, which may help to reset issues it may be having.
I just wanted to jump in real fast to see if you saw Brad's reply and to see if you still needed some help on this or if you were able to get it sorted out. If you are still needing some help, just let us know and we'll be happy to continue helping.
Thanks for your help here, Brad.
Article was not helpful at all. Didn’t tell me anything that I have not tried. Continues to connects and disconnect on a random basis. All Nest/Google equipment here. I’m coming to the unfortunate conclusion it’s going to be a paper weight until Google fixes the bug, if ever. Needless to say I’m very disappointed with Google.
We’re sorry to hear that but thanks for trying. Your efforts are much appreciated here. Let’s get this sorted — a few questions: when did the issue start? What’s the status light of your Nest Connect? How far is your Nest x Yale Lock from the Connect and router? Is it paired to a 2.4 GHz WiFi frequency? Also, are the batteries of your lock fresh and standard AA alkaline batteries??
Give these steps a try:
Let me know how it goes.
Thanks for the response JT!
1. When did the issue start? [When I first posted - Which I believe was about 11-14 days ago - around the 25th-28th of September, I think.]
2. What’s the status light of your Nest Connect? [Green]
3. How far is your Nest x Yale Lock from the Connect and router? [Connect is about 10 ft from Yale lock - line of sight; from the Google Access Point about the same distance]
4. Is it paired to a 2.4 GHz WiFi frequency? [Yes - Have Google Nest Wifi Mesh system]
5. Also, are the batteries of your lock fresh and standard AA alkaline batteries?? [They are - Tried both Duracell & Eveready alkaline batteries and checked with a meter if they were Good]
6. Give these steps a try: Take off the battery cover and remove the batteries from your lock. If you received a low battery alert, use a fresh set of standard AA batteries. Don't use rechargeable batteries with your lock. Put the batteries back in after 60 seconds. Wait a few minutes to check if your lock comes back online. Restart the Connect: Plug Connect into a power outlet. Hold down Connect’s button until the light pulses blue (about 10 seconds). Then release the button. Restart your modem or router, unplug it from the power outlet, wait for 1 to 2 minutes. Then, plug it back in. Let me know how it goes. [Tried that as well - still a problem - Connect show its online and connected.]
This morning the Next X Yale lock went offline just after midnight and went back online at 5:30am. Usually stays online for an hour or so then goes offline for hours and then back online.
This morning it's been online for about 4 1/2 hours which is the longest its been online since end of September. Keep you fingers crossed.
Gotcha, you did great following the troubleshooting steps. It helps us isolate the issue. It looks like your Wi-Fi mesh access point isn’t keeping your lock connected. Could you switch your lock’s connection to the main Wi-Fi access point instead of the Wi-Fi mesh access point then let me know how it goes?