cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Netflix currently not working on Nest Hubs

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

Starting about 2:40 pm US Central Time on Nov. 10, it hasn't been possible to stream Netflix on a Nest Hub.  The Nest Hub reports that the link to Netflix isn't working and suggests unlinking and relinking to Netflix.  However, the relink to Netflix simply stalls with a blank screen with clients3.google.com at the top.

2 Recommended AnswerS

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

As of about 8:00 am US central time on Sunday, Nov, 13, we are again able to re-link to Netflix.

View Recommended Answer in original post

KiiFromGoogle
Community Manager (Admin)
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey everyone,

Glad to hear that things are back on track. We checked on this, and it looks like our friends over at Netflix have rolled out a fix.

If you're still experiencing this behavior, please let us know!

View Recommended Answer in original post

606 REPLIES 606

Alfi
Community Member

And another user having the same issue (myself)
what to do 😞

Still not working as of 15/11/22..

Tuzac
Community Member

Still not working here, France.

Definitely not hardware : the problem suddenly appeared and can be experience on all my devices.

I can watch Netflix on my iPhone, Fire stick and Roku no problem, just on the google 

Same issue yesterday and today 

mhyatt
Community Member

Same here - it's been over a week!!! Something between googlechromecast .... I read something about a "dongle" ... It shouldn't be this ridiculous to fix.

11-15-22 still an issue with Netflix and Google Home / Nest talking to each other.  Tested on Android and iOS devices with same results. 
Interesting I was able to connect Paramount+ without issues within the past 48 hours. 
I also connected with SlingTV within 24 hours and also no issues.

I keep trying because it is starting back to work for some and still an issues with others.   I uninstalled Google Home app - reboot phone - installed Google Home app and set browser to Chrome.  Result is NOT able to LINK.

Just got off a chat and he escalated the issue to a higher source to 24 to 48 hours for their answer. He had me delete the app and that didn’t work. I can login to Netflix anywhere else but on Google nest.

ronxo
Community Member

I'm also experiencing this issue.  Clearly there's a problem here

Thought I would also share that I have the same problem right now. Unlinked, signed in again and just get taken to a blank white page.

Frustrating!!

Same issue here. Can no longer voice command to start Netflix. Followed steps to unlink and relink and now its showing the "client3" page that does nothing..... Super frustrating 

ronxo
Community Member

This might be related to what Netflix is doing with cracking down on account sharing. They're rolling out control over devices: https://about.netflix.com/en/news/giving-members-additional-control-over-their-account-managing-acce...

That said, I don't see the above available in my Netflix account

Lisah69x
Community Member

Cheers, I have logged out of other devices and it's still not working. I don't even know how they would tell where I am watching something seeing as watching from same device tonight at the same address has showed as 2 different locations around 30 minutes from my home. It could play a part in it obviously but they have obviously got major issues with how they are rolling it out. This is my main way of watching TV so I need this to work before the others. Also my daughter loves between 2 houses and uses it at childcare too, I don't see why I should pay extra for her to use it in multiple places.  Netflix and/or Google need to hold their hands up and admit to something going wrong somewhere. 

That's what I was thinking too

ronxo
Community Member

The new Manage Devices just popped up for me. I can see my Nest Hub on the Netflix side, it looks gine. So I tried to log out from it via the new page on Netflix and then tried to link it again via Google Home and still get the clients3.google.com blank page error.

My guess is Netflix broke the auth between Google Home/Assistant with this new change and Google/Netflix didn't realize/haven't fixed it yet. Trying to get in touch with Netflix support. Hopefully Google is reading this. I have been talking to @MadeByGoogle on Twitter as well about it but they've gone silent

Julian_
Community Member

I already contacted Netflix. They told me I am supposed to contact Google. They don't care about that.

ronxo
Community Member

I'm in a hysterical chat with a support agent. you can imagine how this is going

Julian_
Community Member

I have cancelled my Netflix subscription while being in chat. Now they agreed to look into it but I do not trust in it.

ronxo
Community Member

ended the chat after an hour, got them to escalate the issue and they'll folllow up with me over email but I'm still skeptical

How did you get to chat with them?

https://help.netflix.com/en/ - Start Live Chat button towards the bottom right

Go through google on your computer. I am technically challenged and I eventually found the chat. 

Julian_
Community Member

I wasn't that successful. I hope it will help.

Same thing here

Kbwoods
Community Member

I honestly think you are onto something here. 

I have that new page on my netflix account and I can see all the google home devices I have watched netflix on, as separate entities.  My money is on the transition between the singular login via home to the fact that it can go to a variety of devices (weather you have one or 10 devices linked to your home) is now not working as it should.  

FWIW I logged out of all my google home devices on netflix's new page, then tried to link on the google home app again.  Still getting the same blank screen.  

ronxo
Community Member

I'm 99% sure this is exactly the issue and it's a matter of getting someone at Google or Netflix to notice it! 

J_2
Community Member

For being one of the biggest tech companies in history, they sure are slow at addressing small but widely affecting issues..

Still experiencing this bug after 1 week, eastern canada

Hurry tf up with it google, this is unacceptable.

Mine too.  It told me to unlink then relink.  I did that and it freezes on the black screen "clients3.google.com". 

Sid3
Community Member

Same problem any info?

I'm also having the same issue. Has anyone had any response from google yet? 

This error is driving me crazy. I've been trying to do this for a week now and cannot get it to work!! It worked fine for the last two or three years and then gone. So frustrating. I've tried everything. 

same here. shows blank screen and does nothing

Same issue since 11/11. Link and Unlink, then get the error redirect URL. My kid goes to sleep to Netflix on a 1st generation Google Hub. Is this issue unique to certain hardware devices?

I have the nest hub max, which it won’t work on. The rest is either a fire stick, Roku or iPhones and it works fine.

Kyle97
Community Member

Same here, Google are a bunch of **bleep**ing idiots and have just left the home ecosystem to die

Same issue, extremely annoying as one of the selling points for me was netflix

Same issue for me too. Netflix was linked to my google display until a few weeks ago, I uninstalled my google home app, reinstalled and now can not get Netflix to link again. 

ronxo
Community Member

I got through to someone at Google and they confirmed they're aware of the issue and are working on it. They did say to submit a feedback report via the device:
"submit a feedback report using your Nest Hub with the keywords, "GHT3 Unable to link Netflix". Make sure that the "Send device usage data and crash reports to Google" is toggled on from your device's settings before sending feedback." and provided a guide link: https://goo.gle/3aC7zWz

Maybe if we all do this, they'll prioritize the fix? 

OK! I've factory reset my Home mini. My Android phone and tried to connect to my Netflix.... Nothing. Blank screen. client3.google.com. White screen stare of death. I'd really love to have the smart devices I PAID FOR work. I'll watch on my laptop for now instead of my Chromecast with voice activation from my home mini. Fix this!

ronxo
Community Member

Oh no! I'm sorry that you went through that - check out my latest post: https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Chromecast/Netflix-won-t-link-to-home/m-p/286060/highlight/tr...