cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Routines not working

MONTYEROCK
Community Member

I recently set up a new wi-fi network and now when I prompt a routine on my Nest Hub (e.g. bedtime) the nest hub responds with "sorry, I can't find (Nest Hub)" and "sorry, I can't find speakers." Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Did your Nest Hub successfully reconnect to Wifi? Can you see it and manage it in the Google Home app?

Connect your Google Nest speaker or display to Wi-Fi - Google Nest Help

MONTYEROCK
Community Member

Yes, it successfully connected to the new wi-fi and yes, I can see and manage it in the Home App. It was renamed."Office Display." When I ask the office display to start a routine, the Office Display responds "sorry, I can't find Office Display, make sure the device is on and connected to the internet." But when I ask the Office Display to turn off the porch light, it responds perfectly.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Try editing the routine and remove the action associated with the display, save that, then go back in and add it back again?

MONTYEROCK
Community Member

Gave it a shot. No progress. I tried a few experiments. I renamed office display to nest hub to see if it would give a different response. No change. It still says "can't find Nest Hub." 

I created a routine that was limited to the Nest Hub (set alarm, play sleep sounds) and it worked perfectly.

I changed that routine to add a command to the AC unit, and to send the sleep sounds to the external stereo speakers (Google Nest speakers) which I know work because I use them regularly. When I prompt the routine to begin, the alarm sets (excellent,) the AC turns on (excellent,) but when trying to send sleep sounds to the stereo speakers it replies "sorry, cannot find Nest Hub (formerly Office Display) please make sure the device is on..."

I rebooted the Hub device using the Home app. Reboot succesful but no change. I'm lost. Had it all working perfectly before the wi-fi upgrade.

MONTYEROCK
Community Member

This may help.

When I reboot the Nest Hub/Office Display throught the Google Home app the system reboots, but when I attempt to reboot the Nest Hub through the settings on Google Assistant I get no response. Any ideas?