"I can't connect to the other speaker in this pair. Make sure it's connected to power and wifi."
I have now this problem. I've seen a topic but it has been locked without any solution provided.
could you guys please help me with a solution? please please As long as you don't any solution provided don't ask me if the problem still exists. yea it exists.
hi Rachel, it's not about a Bluetooth connection it's about a stereo pair of two Nest Audios however I wasn't able to connect the stereo pair to my laptop. The Pair wasn't able to turn in discovery mode!
@RachelGomez123, thanks for the help.
@Shahram, that's not exactly the experience we want you to have with your 2 Nest Audios ― let's check it out. A few questions: are both your Nest Audio responding to voice commands? Are they playing music individually. If yes, it would help a lot if you could do a sequential reboot first. Unplug the power cord of your router followed by your Nest speakers. Plug them back in after 3 minutes tops. Restarting your phone might also help. Make sure that both your Nest Audios and your phone is on the same Wi-Fi network, under the same band frequency like 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. For more information and the complete troubleshooting steps, click the link below:
Keep us posted.
I know but this is what I am experiencing with Google speakers. The left speaker appears in Google home app with tha name that I gave to the pair and the right speaker with its own name.
in the setting of the pair you can neither reboot the right speaker nor separate the speakers.
both of them are connected to same network with same frequency. (I've disabled 5GHz, in order to be able to keep the speakers stay connected. otherwise they get disconnected from the network and you get the message "hang on while I got connected to WiFi")
I've already done a reboots and restarts.
I am also having this issue. The stereo pair doesn't properly separate and while my right speaker goes into 'un-set-up' mode, the left speaker stays in the stereo pair and can't be removed from it without factory resetting. I've created the pair multiple times but after creation it can never connect to the right speaker. Nest audio is so broken it's ridiculous.
I was able to get this to finally work by adding them to a completely different room, then pairing starting with the right speaker, then eventually moving them to the desired room. Give this a try.
Still some wonky bugs - volume adjustment through my phone's volume control is iffy but does work (sometimes). (Works consistently through assistant, though)
@zetec, thank you so much for sharing your resolution in the Community,
Once a room is created, follow the steps on how to move devices to another room on this link.
Give it a try.
Hats off to you guys for sharing your resolution here in the Community. Creating another room and moving the devices there might have done it. Also with customizing the room name. We really appreciate your patience and wit and we're glad that you're able to work this out. As we got our resolution here, I'm going to mark this one as resolved and will be closing this thread after 24 hours. Please feel free to open up a new thread if you have other questions or concerns.
I have the same issue. I have 2x Nest Audios:
I reseted and restarted everything like 10x times now. Tried setting up a dedicated room, no change. My girlfriend might kick me out any day now. Please advice on how to proceed.
Are there some ports which should be open? Some IPs that should be avoided? Characters to avoid? Logs we could sent in? Please just give us more than "restart all devices" @Dan_A .
Thanks a million
Alrighty....so hey hi.
My name is Rogue and I'm sick to death of fighting with Google Home.
Straightforward things in the Google Home app
Trying to get stereo pairs to play or speaker groups to play is NOT straightforward. Following their instructions it just simply does not work. The unlinking of stereo pairs is also not a consistent experience, and it makes me more than stabby.
It would be incredibly swell if Google put their "I'm a big boy now" pants on and owned what is going on here. Instead, they continue letting consumers flop around in the wind, thinking it's something they've done wrong.
Big big kudos to @zetec for a workaround that worked the first time.
For anyone looking for a way around this, these are the steps that worked for me (based on zetec's feedback above)
Who the hell knows if this is a persistent workaround. I don't trust anything with Google anymore. But for the moment, zetec is the hero of the day in our home.
I tried the "Google Hellscape" Trick again, and finally it worked! Woooow!
It might be fundamental to really create a new room and not select one from the room list (so "Google Hellscape" not "Hobbyroom"). This is the only thing I did differently this time.
Thanks kind internet people for sharing!
Caveats to the above method
It isn't exactly persistent. I ran into a problem yesterday later in the day, but wanted to see if the same situation popped up this morning. Quelle surprise! It happened again.
While waiting for an update from our team, it would be of big help isolating this by changing some settings. If you're able to access your router/modem settings or GUI page, that would be a relief but if not, you can contact your ISP or device manufacturer to guide you to make the changes. Refer below:
Monitor and tell me the difference.
Chiming in to see if you still need assistance with this. Hope the previous post helped. Let us know if you have additional questions, otherwise we’ll be locking the thread.