cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Camera can't be reached (nest indoor wired)

xxcwiss
Community Member

Hi,

I bought a Nest Cam indoor wired 2nd generation yesterday. Now I'm trying to view this camera on my Samsung device but it keeps saying the camera can't be reached. I am able to see the clips the camera recorded and get the pop-up that the camera saw a person. But when I want to view the live stream  the camera can't be reached. 

I already reset the router and camera. The home app I completely up to date. So I don't now what to try anymore. 

Edit: my first generation nest cam indoor works perfectly fine with the Google home app. So it is really an issue with the 2nd generation camera

2 REPLIES 2

Suzie
Community Member

This happened to me this morning.  Having much problems since migrating to the new google nest.  The old nest worked beautifully.  My new wired indoor nest wouldn't even register an internet connection at all and the product won't show up on the app, though it did read the QR code - after a bit of waiting and adjusting.  I also bought 4 outdoor, indoor battery cameras.  I'm having problems with these as well.  They do function somewhat if they are plugged in, but they go offline often.  I've not got the subscription yet, since I may be returning the product.  It was so frustrating for me this morning that I was in tears.  Fortunately, my older nest made not google nest cam is still working, though not quite as well with the google app.  I've never been so disappointed with a product in my life.  I hope people will read this post before buying nest.  They should be legally required to put a warning about their poor functionality on their website and at checkout before people waste their money and their trust on google nest!

xxcwiss
Community Member

I have exchanged my camera today at the shop. I got a new one which is working good! I was a little hard headed on trying a new one, expecting it wouldn't work either. But it did work right away!