cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Defective doorbell, peeling bubbling, still being sold?

Amaximov1
Community Member

I have swallowed a few  products that failed too quickly over the years but It is getting harder and harder to support this brand... A little over a year old, no direct sunlight, no direct water, under a covered awning in norther VA weather. Seems to be a common issue but they are still selling these with this defect? I called support and they told me to just buy a new one...how ridiculous is that? $250+ install and I see a blob though the lens after a year. Anyone know if this can be fixed?

PXL_20220531_210309443.jpg

1 REPLY 1

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Amaximov1 

Yours is one of two "peeling" thread just today.  There are 267 threads about "peeling" Google Nest Hello Doorbells in this forum. One of our Nest Hello doorbells--20 months old--is peeling.  That Nest Hello and another one also won't ring the internal chime anymore due to a failing internal battery (another defect with hundreds of posts here in this forum). It certainly seems both are clearly known defects.

In a couple of previous posts, I've suggested that customers with Nest Hello doorbells that are peeling or failing to chime due to a failing internal battery be given a discount on a new, re-designed Google Nest Hello Doorbell that has a user-replaceable internal battery obtainable from Google Nest and that corrects the susceptibility to peeling. So far, no one from Google Nest has responded.