Hi, I recently bought a Google Nest Camera (Battery) and I am facing 2 issues that I see others are facing too:
1) It doesn't show live: unacceptable. I get the event notifications, but doesn't show live, although it is supposed to. Fix please?
2) I cannot set up activity zones, when I go to activity zones and press the plus sign, it takes forever and nothing happens (I suspect this relates to the camera not being able to 'wake up' as in point 1 above. Lack of activity zones means that my battery consumption is horrible (dead within 20 days) because I cannot exclude some very busy parts of the viewpoint. Help please?
Brad, just to be sure, when you see this please assume that the issue hasn't been fixed and let's jump straight to providing a solution 🙂
I am terribly sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your Nest camera! I'm sure it's frustrating, but I'm happy to look into this and see how we can help out. The first troubleshooting step that I'd recommend would be to restart your device. By doing this, it should keep all your settings, and reconnect it to the same Wi-Fi network. This is helpful if it ever freezes, has connection problems, or isn't working normally.
Thanks for your help, Brad.
We appreciate your efforts here. Thanks for trying. Let's sort this out — a few questions: how far is the camera from the router? What's the status light of your Nest Camera (battery)? Do you have an Android or iPhone? Do you have a Nest Aware subscription? Also, do you have other Nest devices that are experiencing the same issue?
Going over the steps here might help:
Let me know how it goes.
- I have iOS 15.7
- camera is 2 meters from the router vertical
- the camera light is off and goes green when it detects movement
- I don’t have nest aware
- I have three indoor cameras and they work fine (i.e. showing live feed just fine)
- I tried factory resetting the camera but the issue persists.
- I have found the same issue reported by others here with no solution provided, is it perhaps better if we skip the part where we search for fault in my set up and we get to the part where you solve it from your end?
We've received your form — thanks for filling that out. I'll consider this post as complete and will lock the thread in 24 hours. Please keep an eye on your email as someone from our team will reach out to you to assist you further.