cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest camera app playback keeps freezing

Martybli
Community Member

Nest app camera playback freezes every single time I want to playback history. Stays frozen until you close the app. I’ve deleted the app and it’s just the same. I now can’t playback history unless I go onto the web page. I know lots of people have the same issue and these questions are shut down so no more comments can be made.  Is the Nest app no longer supported? Always been a big fan of Nest but I’m considering dumping them as this issue has been going on for well over a month. I shall be cancelling my subscription as it’s pointless in its current form. 

I also don’t know why I have to chose a product as I’m having this issue with my Hello, mu indoor camera and my outdoor camera. Am I expected to report this 3 time? What about an “all cameras option” when reporting issues?

Come on Google you can do better than this!

4 REPLIES 4

WesC
Community Member

Does anyone know if the issue persists if you complete the migration to Google? It’s the only option at this point for us.

Martybli
Community Member

I did migrate to Google a year or two back I then had to log into the Nest app with my Google account and it always worked. For at least the last month it freezes on all my devices. I didn’t report the issue hoping it would get sorted out but no joy. 

WesC
Community Member

I migrated last night. Was working great while streaming but then this morning back to the blue circle. I did try the Google Home app and it seems to stream better but you have to use the Nest app for the history, time controls, etc. 😞

We use these as baby cams…. Kind of useless as this point!

S3bryan
Community Member

this is a known bug that Google created when they updated the Nest app. Sadly Google refuses to admit it it is now I’m way past a month and we are still all sitting there spinning. There is no resolution as the issue is server-side meaning on their end