cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest login screen never appears

niklas24
Community Member

My employer recently did something to all of the browsers (firefox, chrome and edge) so I cannot get to the nest signin screen.  I just keep getting a page that says nest at the top with a white background and a spinning circle in the middle with "this may take awhile" below it.  The login screen never appears.  I even tried a direct link to it "https://home.nest.com/login/?next=https%3A%2F%2Fhome.nest.com%2F" instead of just going to home.nest.com (same thing happens although it's blue background).  Cookies are only blocked in incognito and I've even added [*.]nest.com to the allow cookies list.  I've cleared my cache several times to no avail but I did notice that they have locked the ability for me to allow pop ups and redirects and I cannot add any exception websites to this (they have taken this ability away from the user).  Could this be the issue and does anyone know of a workaround? I've tried to contact support and explained this issue and the rep wants to troubleshoot my camera which I explained is not the issue and works fine on the nest app and on my browsers on my home pc.  I was not near my camera when I contacted support so they said they couldn't help me until I was near it 😒

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

This is something we're going to struggle to assist with really, as we don't know what changes your employer has made. If it works fine on your personal devices, but not your work issued device then your IT department needs to support you in resolving this or advise of a workaround. 

niklas24
Community Member

Thanks for the response David.  Unfortunately, my IT dept won't help me resolve this.

Is there a nest app that can be added to my account after I log into google.com?  I see waze and you tube on the list.  My IT dept blocked the standalone version of google chat, but once hangouts transitioned over to chat in my gmail account I am able to use it.  I'm looking for something like this for nest, even if there's a add on or something of that nature.  I guess I may have to contact google about that, if that's even possible.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

No, it's only accessible via home.nest.com I'm afraid.