cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nestcam IQ Indoor Beta new Account

Kirimoar
Community Member

Hello!

I recently acquired an old Nest Cam IQ Indoor which seems to be a part of a beta-program.
My problem is that it's not possible to connect it to a new (my) Google-Account. It says that it already is connected to another Google-Account.
I know the previous owner and he says that it is NOT connected to any of his accounts anymore. So he can't help me.

I also tried to reach out to "beta@nestlabs.com" (as suggested by the Google-Nest-Support) but it seems that this e-mail-address is not working anymore.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Greetings, Christian

5 REPLIES 5

mdr2
Community Member

Hello Kirimoar, did you try doing a full factory reset on the camera?

Kirimoar
Community Member

Hello,

yes I tried - however, the result was the same. Camera still says that it is already connected to another account (but nobody knows to which one).

mdr2
Community Member

Hmmmm,   I don't think this is a beta issue so they may not respond.  Maybe try this site instead to report the problem:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp

Kirimoar
Community Member

Hi,

that's where I originally tried to get help. However, even with the serial number they couldn't find the camera in their system.

Therefore, they advised me to write to the beta-email, but I think it doesn't exist anymore.

Cbarry
Community Member

Just seeing this, but the person hat sold this to you broke the rules of beta program. They will only work with the email account used in the beta program. You should ask for your money back.