cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unresolved case

micknoosa
Community Member

I spent 2 hours troubleshooting our recent doorbell purchase. Despite prefectly recording video I cannot live view from any device, despite perfect wifi signal to the bell and indeed even when connected to it via my phone's own hotspot.

The issue remained unresolved and was being "upgraded", but that was the 13th and I've heard nothing since.

The case ID was / is: 0-3653000031685

I replaced a RING system that was working perfectly but since investing in the google mesh thought some of the additional features of the google version would be preferentialI hope I'm not wrong.

4 REPLIES 4

micknoosa
Community Member

24 hours I received this: (19th October)

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Nest Customer Care Team. This is Mason from the Google Nest Senior Support team.

You have contacted us regarding the Nest doorbell battery camera issue and you're unable to view the live video feed and it shows the camera unavailable. In order to help you further, I would like to gather some information so that we can check this with our higher support team and get this fixed for you.

Please help us with the below information:

1. Please share the serial number of the Nest doorbell battery camera. Here is the path to find the serial number from Google Home App. Open the Google Home app and select the camera and tap on Settings and under Technical information, tap Device information and locate Device ID.
  2. Please help us with the screenshot from the Google Home app which shows the camera unavailable message.
  3. Confirm the date since when you're experiencing this issue.
  4. Please help us with the make and model of the mobile device, OS version, and Google Home App version.
  5. Please help us with the make and model of your wifi router

micknoosa
Community Member

All of which had already been done to the olnline support: But replied regardless then...

micknoosa
Community Member

On the 23rd (despite a promised 24 hour reply)

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Nest Customer Care Team. This is Mason from the Google Nest Senior Support team.

You have contacted us regarding the Nest doorbell battery camera and you're unable to view the live video feed and it shows the camera unavailable. I have checked this with my higher support team and they have informed us to try few troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

Here are few troubleshooting steps which you can try when your near the Nest doorbell battery camera:

1) Try move the camera closer to router or the router closer to the camera and check if your able to view the video feed.

2) Try to draw a straight line from router to camera, what would the line have to go through? For example walls, glass doors.

3) Try turning down the quality and bandwidth of the camera to see if it helps ( Please select, camera > quality and bandwidth). If issue persists please reply us back so that we can check this with our higher support team and help you further.

For your reference your case number is 0-3653000031685

micknoosa
Community Member

Again, ALL the above has been previously supplied and or completed in addition to many other steps in attempts to resolve this most fundamental functionality. This is disgusting customer service.