cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

WHY WON'T MY NEW OUTDOOR NEST CAM (BATTERY) CONNECT TO NEST APP?!?

ElkinTat
Community Member

I am so pissed right now. Why can I only view my new outdoor nest cam (battery) in the Home app, and not in the Nest app with all my other cameras? So frustrating. The Google Home app is terrible in comparison to the Nest app. What the &^%*# is going on? How long is it going to take to actually integrate these platforms. Having to view my cameras in different apps is a TOTAL LOSE. 

I find the advertising/marketing for this product fraudulent. There is nothing to indicate that this Nest camera isnt really a Nest camera at all. The pitch is all about integration, but the integration is BULL**bleep**.

Has anyone found a way to view these cameras in the Nest app?

5 REPLIES 5

Chill
Community Member

100% agree.  I've now got cameras that I need 2 apps to run.

Rubes
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Any Google Nest cameras released in 2021 are only compatible with the Google Home app. It is unfortunate and has caused a lot of confusion.

lloydentoigen
Community Member

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, silly me assuming a nest cam would be compatible with the nest app 🙄. I'm returning mine. 

RSAmerica
Community Member

Same for me.  When you order the camera it does state on the website that it only works with the app. This however is buried under a dropdown and unless you were looking for it you would never find it. If you bought it in a store, well, good luck.  I tried to return the camera and they wouldn't take it back after only 3 weeks as it was beyond their 15 day return policy (that they brag is good???)  They insisted a browser version was coming many months ago.

hernandezsports
Community Member

It sounds like we need to go with the Ring/Blink products by Amazon since all their cameras are compatible with the cloud storage?