cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

One account 2 locations

Ang3l0s_pl
Community Member

Hi

can I have nest thermostats 3rd gen @my home and thermostat E and nest camera in my holiday home on one nest account . We just bough a holiday home , stuff from google already ordered and will be installed next week but not sure if I can operate all devices from one account .

thanks 

Thomas

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Yes, you can use the same account to setup and control them but you'll need to create 2 separate "homes" within the app for your two homes, otherwise you'll experience issues connecting them to Wifi during the setup. Here's how to do that:

1. At the top left corner of the app home screen, tap the Menu down arrow.
  2. Next, at the top right corner, tap Add +
  3. Tap Continue.
  4. Give your home a name > tap Next.
  5. Enter your new home's address > tap Next when you're finished.
  6. Choose if you want to use your phone’s location to help with Home/Away Assist for your new home.
  7.  If you have a non-migrated account, you’ll be asked if you want to invite other people to share access to your new home. If you don’t, you can always invite them later.

Once you’re done adding your new home to the app, you can add Nest products to it.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Yes, you can use the same account to setup and control them but you'll need to create 2 separate "homes" within the app for your two homes, otherwise you'll experience issues connecting them to Wifi during the setup. Here's how to do that:

1. At the top left corner of the app home screen, tap the Menu down arrow.
  2. Next, at the top right corner, tap Add +
  3. Tap Continue.
  4. Give your home a name > tap Next.
  5. Enter your new home's address > tap Next when you're finished.
  6. Choose if you want to use your phone’s location to help with Home/Away Assist for your new home.
  7.  If you have a non-migrated account, you’ll be asked if you want to invite other people to share access to your new home. If you don’t, you can always invite them later.

Once you’re done adding your new home to the app, you can add Nest products to it.

Ang3l0s_pl
Community Member

Thx for help. Apriciate.

Thomas

floyd
Community Member

I set up a second Home location following these suggestions.  But something went wrong.  When setting up the second home location on my account, somehow I mistakenly relocated my Google Home wifi routers from the original home to the second home and I can't figure out how to move them back to the correct home location.  When in the device settings for the Google Homes that I'm trying to relocate, tapping on 'Home' doesn't generate any response.  Tapping on 'Device Name' allows me to edit the name.  Tapping on 'Placement' allows me to edit the placement, etc... But tapping on 'Home' does nothing. 

Any ideas?