I woke up at 12:30am tonight to a low battery cheeping noise in my smoke detector.
I went to check it out and the back side of the Nest Protect was extremely hot.
I opened the battery panel on the back and one of the batteries was too hot to touch. It felt like it was on fire.
I took all the batteries out and the battery cooled down. The batteries that are in all 4 of my Nest Protect alarms are the recommended Emergizer Lithium Ion batteries.
I have noticed there are quite a few other people that have posted about this in the past but the comments have been locked. Has anyone else recently had this issue?