cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest App Crashes While Installing Protect

Lynds
Community Member

Nest App Crashes While Installing Protect. Have tried 25 times and the neat app crashes everything. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app also on iPhone. What do I need to do? 

42 REPLIES 42

Skline
Community Member

Have you tried removing batteries, reinstalling and retrying?  I feel your pain on the poor support, but all of my nest products are now working with my iOS devices if that gives any hope 🙂

Christo
Community Member
  • NOT to credit Google for doing anything to resolve this issue, but I coincidentally upgraded to an iPhone 13 Mini, and was immediately able to add the missing Nest Protect. I'm guessing it's a bug related to memory. It now works for me.

UnhappyNester
Community Member

I'm still having problems - and essentially my house has been unprotected from fire/CO for over 2 years.  Actually things are getting worse - thermostats that used to work, stop doing so and I get further problems when trying to add brand new thermostats.  Everything used to work up to 2 years ago - then things have gone progressively downhill.  Google's support is absolutely non-existent (and contrary to remarks back last October), it clearly isn't a priority for them......