cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat not adhering to schedule

billnye427
Community Member

I've sorted through most of the posts where the Nest thermostat is not following the schedule.  I can't seem to stop it from cooling at 72 degrees, even though the schedule is a simple Cool at 78 degrees, every day.

• Nest has been following the schedule for years now, but within the last week it flat ignores the schedule at night
  • No events show an override to temperature, but history does show it's kicking off the lower temperature in the middle of the night.
  • ALL options such as learning, ECO, Home and Away, etc. have been disabled.   
  • I've deleted the simple one temperature per day schedule and replaced it with a similar one.

I've read the post that suggests I change the mode from Cool - to Heat and Cool...but that makes no sense.   The thermostat has been following the schedule forever.   Heat pump is 5 years old, cools well when needed.   

What has changed that is telling nest to initiate a unrequested cooling temperature of 72 degrees in the middle of the night, and what do I do the get Nest to follow the program?

0 REPLIES 0