Did you mean: 
Nest Protect
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Updates on Nest Protect and pending Scottish legislation changes

Hey everyone, I appreciate everyone’s patience as they’ve shared their feedback and questions regarding the pending Scottish legislation changes. We’re aware of the proposed legislation changes to the fire and smoke alarm standard in Scotland requiri...

RachelC by Googler
  • 243 replies
  • 7 kudos

Unable to connect to new Router

Have just changed my WiFi router. Have tried to update the WiFi information via the Nest app, but it just hangs after connecting to the device. Then tried disconnecting and re adding one of the devices, but then it tries to connect to one of the exis...

NevilleL by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Another similar complaint

I found a others with the same problem and no place to file a complaint. So I do it, like alle others. My Case ID is 8-3715000035588.I just wasted nearly an hour in the chat support answering the same questions over and over and over again. And I tol...

diec by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

After a Fire

HI there, Do you dispose of the Nest Protect devices after a fire?Unfortunately I had a house fire last year, not too bad and everyone is ok. I disposed/recycled them after reading (can't find where now) that they could not be used after positively d...

Sarjun by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest protect

Help! I had painting done and my nest protect went off saying smoke was detected. I pushed the button but now it’s yellow flashing and every 5 minutes it’s announced that smoke has been detected. How do I get the green light back?

Crred96 by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Batteries Draining Rapidly in Nest Protect

My Nest Protect worked fine for a few years now I constantly get a “Low Battery” warning. I have replaced with Energizer L81 Lithium as required and it only work for a less than a day then the warning is displayed. There have read numerous posts befo...

Dougm51 by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest camera history, window/door security tabs, and smoke alarms.

I have a Nest Secure system and smoke alarms, and window/door security alarms all throughout my home. I successfully migrated my secure motion detection system from Nest to ADT per the forewarned shutdown. I also can view current activity for my came...

DavidSFO by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Migrate Nest protect to Google home

I’m trying to migrate my Nest Protect to Google Home. It that possible? I’m running into trouble.

TvMan by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Protect devices stopped working

I have 4 Nest Protect devices and all worked fine until last weekend when the power went out. When the power came back on, after three days, none of the Protect devices would connect to my Wi-Fi network. I've tried resetting their Wi-Fi connections b...

peters48 by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos