Did you mean: 
Nest Protect
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Updates on Nest Protect and pending Scottish legislation changes

Hey everyone, I appreciate everyone’s patience as they’ve shared their feedback and questions regarding the pending Scottish legislation changes. We’re aware of the proposed legislation changes to the fire and smoke alarm standard in Scotland requiri...

RachelC by Googler
  • 196 replies
  • 5 kudos

Nest Detect Sensor Not connecting

Hello, The battery on my nest detect sensor needed to be replaced. It was working just fine, only needed a new battery. Once I replaced the battery, the sensor was not connected. I attempted to get it connected. no luck. so I removed the sensor from ...

benh by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need a backplate

How do I get a backplate for nest protect? I need to install a nest protect but don't have the backplate.

Tacoeater by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Lights wont turn on with Google nest mini

My Google assistants (including mini that I plug in as a "mobile device" in the garage or spare room, do not turn the lights on. My phone app does, Google home app does a d so does my Wiz app. Based on previous threads that are closed, this happens a...

SianaK by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Can’t add a nest tag NT009(6)

Hi,I have 2 tags with my nest guard but somehow 1 tag disappear from the app so when I try to add the product, the app tells me is already assigned but I can’t my second tag in the app. The other tag is still active and working, not sure what I have ...

Ric_T by Community Member
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

(kGSKErrorDomain error -83905.)

I had my clock working for a few months and then all of a sudden one day after a power outage this came up: (kGSKErrorDomain error -83905.) I have tried changing the language in my phone settings from US English to a different language and then back ...

Brooke1 by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest Home Report

I got a Nest Home Report mail that it is discontinuing my account because my Nest is not connected.The Nest App on my iPhone says "Everything is OK"Sensors, Battery, Wi-Fi checked 9 hrs agoAlarm, Voice checked 2 days ago - WHAT GIVES???

Google replaced a defective nest with another defective nest

I bought a Nest years ago through SoCal Edison’s rebate program. The Nest was defective upon installation and, after troubleshooting with Nest, was issued a replacement. It turns out this unit was also faulty.Now that I have a newborn baby, it has be...

How long should I expect a nest smoke alarm to last?

How long do they last.I purchased 2 years ago. The alarm started to bleep indicating the batteries needed changing. I did that only for the bleeping to return a couple of days later.in a unrelated issue the alarm won’t connect to the network.