Did you mean: 
Nest Protect
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Updates on Nest Protect and pending Scottish legislation changes

Hey everyone, I appreciate everyone’s patience as they’ve shared their feedback and questions regarding the pending Scottish legislation changes. We’re aware of the proposed legislation changes to the fire and smoke alarm standard in Scotland requiri...

RachelC by Googler
  • 243 replies
  • 7 kudos

Nest protects won't connect after forced migration freezes up.

MY Nest Thermostat and 2 Protects (1 wired and 1 wireless) have been running fine for over 4 year. Never wanted to switch to my Google account because I didn't see the need. Today, I couldn't sign in with my Nest account. Wrong password message. Requ...

Jaydeevee by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to add Protect Smoke Detector to app

I have 2 Nest Protect Smoke Detectors. I was able to connect the 1st one in my app but the 2nd and 3rd ones I receive a variety of error messages regarding WI-FI. P006 and P017I've reset the devices back to factory defaults, restarted the phone but a...

JSB1903 by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Just downloaded this app

Would definitely like more privacy and security around my house with good things to come in the future...

Nest Protect won’t connect

So I changed my internet wifi and none of my protects will connect. Nest thermostat took all of 10 seconds to update, doorbell took maybe a minute. Reading about the protects, am I to believe that I need to physically take them off the ceiling, put t...

DWF by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

can't connect to network. Failed to add Nest Protect to account

I recently bought a house with 5 Nest Protects. They were all showing the yellow color instead of blue so I tried to reconnect to the app but no luck. I've tried everything in the Help sections. I reset to factory defaults. I took them off the ceilin...

jmc222 by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Constant false alarm

Like another user this week, I'm having an issue with one of my Protects constantly alerting to smoke.A couple of hours ago one of my mains Nest Protects announced smoke. There wasn't any and after a few minutes it silenced itself.I decided to take i...

dartiss by Community Member
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest Protect

My Nest Protects are already installed. I had to do a reset of my Nest app and now they are no longer in the app. Is there a way to reconnect them to the app without climbing a ladder and taking them down?

Dmt09 by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos