cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

RE-insalling Nest Protect with no QR code or 6-digit

KalashniKEV
Community Member

Hello,

I upgraded my WiFi a few days ago and set up all my Google stuff including Nest Thermostat. I waited to see if the 2nd Gen, hardwired, Nest Protect would update the info by itself BECAUSE... my Nest Protect is on a very high ceiling. I would never be able to physically touch it, ever. It did not pull the info across devices (annoying) in the same "home."

Standing on my tippy toes I could not get it to connect (it is using bluetooth like silence the alarm, I think?) to my phone, so before I went to get a tall chair and do the same, I foolishly thought I could remove and re-add the device.

As you all know, it asks me for the QR code, that I can't access, and then alternatively for a number written next to the QR code that I can't access.

I HAVE:

1) The box, all documentation, serial number on the label, store receipt (<-- Amazing!)

2) Two years of monthly emails about my leafs-awarded and how many times a good reverse sear set off my Nest Protect.

3) My Google Account

Is there any way to recover the device, or revert to the previous state? Is it the info in a trash can somewhere?

Can Nest look it up for me, using the Serial Number?

As I said... that Nest Protect is up there until they tear down the building. I will never be able to physically touch it. A tall enough ladder will not come through the door, or in through a window.

HELP!!!

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@KalashniKEV 

You could try contacting Support to see if they can or will provide you with the Setup Code:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp

Hey folks, 

Thanks again for helping here, @MplsCustomer
@KalashniKEV, I hope you've got the answer you're looking for. If you're still in need of any assistance, feel free to let us know. 

Best,
Mel

Hey everyone,

Checking back in should you still have some questions here. Let us know by replying to this thread. 

Best, 
Mel

Hi folks,

Just one quick final check in here since activity has slowed down. We'll be locking the thread in the next 24 hours, but if you still need help, I would be happy to keep it open. If there's more we can do, just let me know.

Thanks,
Mel