cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

"Nest" Cam and the Nest App

Nestdummy
Community Member

I'm the latest dummy to have gone out and bought three "Nest" cameras and three Nest Protects to cover my home, only to find that the Nest App is incompatible with my "Nest" cameras, and my Nest Protects are incompatible with Google Home.  I've now discovered loads of threads on this.  Do Google have any intention of fixing the problem, allowing customers to assimilate all devices on one App, and if so, when?

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

David - thank you for the reply, which does answer the question.  Until this is resolved, the website covering Google Nest products should make it absolutely clear that Nest Cams are only compatible with the Google Home App, and Nest Protect smoke/CO alarms are only compatible with the Nest App.  I wasted the best part of a day trying to work out what I was doing wrong, only to find I was doing nothing wrong.  Please save future customers that aggravation and explain that while, one day, it might be a one-App thing, for the moment it's a two-App thing.  Thank you.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I don't work for Google so whilst I can't do that directly, I'd encourage you to also send this feedback directly to Google. You will not receive a response, unless Google need more details from you, however the team are still reading the feedback.