cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2nd Google Nest won’t connect to Wifi

ReggieSD
Community Member

Hello! I recently installed 2 Nest Thermostats in my house. The first one went without issues, but the 2nd one won’t connect to the network Wifi. I’ve tried numerous things such is resetting the Nest, unplugging and removing the batteries, restarting my Google Home app..and no luck. I get on the set up and it shows “Connecting to assisting Nest device” and doesn’t get past that. It wasn’t the case for the first one because all I did was connect it to the Wifi network. I don’t seem to have this option for the 2nd unit. 

6 REPLIES 6

laurentbourg
Bronze
Bronze

Did you try to restart your router?

Sbstaly
Community Member

I am having the same issue trying to install my second thermostat. I get stuck connecting to assisting device. I tried disconnecting the first one I set up, as well as removing batteries in the second and restarting the modem. Also restarting the thermostat. Nothing is working. 

Try detaching from the wall the one that is working and bring it close to the new one you are setting up

Sbstaly
Community Member

I tried detaching the one that is working from the wall and brining next to other one… didn’t work. I also tried detaching it and removing the batteries so it wouldn’t be seen… that also didn’t work.

At what point does it get stuck exactly? Try also the reverse, bring the one you are setting up next to the other one that works on the wall. 

Other things to make sure is that they are all on the same wifi in case you have multiple APs , including your phone.