cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can’t connect thermostat with Wi-Fi

Trshome
Community Member

I have three Nest learning thermostats and 1 of them has been offline for some time. Though it was offline, it had power and I was able to change/access setting on the thermostat directly.  It wouldn’t detect my network automatically when I went into the network settings and it didn’t work when I manually added my network name and password. I tried all the troubleshooting suggestions, including deleting and reinstalling the Nest app and unplugging my Google mesh modem for a minute. I finally tried resetting it to factory defaults. Now I can’t get it added back to the Nest app because it can’t connect to Wi-Fi and I can’t even get back to using the settings manually. And I dont see a way to add it to the Google Home app. Ive read all the articles and can’t figure this out. It’s not a power issue and not a Wi-Fi issue because all other devices in the house are working. I appreciate  your help. 

5 REPLIES 5

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Have you seen a W5 error at any point?

1. Press the thermostat ring to open the Quick View menu.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Turn the ring until Network appears. Do you see "Error – nest.com/w5" at all?

I've got the same trouble. After a few restarts and manually adding network name and password. The display Shows "Error – nest.com/w5" again.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

In that case, you need to contact the Google Nest support team directly for next steps.

1. Go to Contact Us - Google Nest Help
  2. Select an appropriate product or category, type a brief description of the issue, then click Next.
  3. Click Other, then click Next step.
  4. In the Resources section, click Next step.
  5. Choose to get a phone call, call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

Have your thermostat’s serial number ready to give to the support agent before you call. To find your thermostat’s serial number, pull the display off the base and flip it over. The serial number is above the QR code on the back of the display. When you reach an agent, let them know that you’re seeing the W5 error and that you've already tried restarting the thermostat.

Trshome
Community Member

No, the error I get is nest.com/m15 and I've tried all the trouble shooting suggestions on that web page. the Error message is "Something went wrong. Your thermostat couln't connect to Wi-Fi. Make sure that your Wi-Fi network is connected to the internt and that you entered the correct password. TD004(0.65).

My other Nest thermostats are online as are all my other devices. The offline thermostat is the closest one to the router. 

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Have you ever successfully setup the thermostat?

Do you see “Your thermostat couldn’t be added to your account” on the thermostat itself or "Added to your account” on the thermostat but “! INCOMPLETE” on the Nest app home screen?

You mentioned having tried some troubleshooting steps, does that include all the ones linked below?

Troubleshoot an M15 error on a Nest thermostat - Google Nest Help
Troubleshoot a TD003, TD004, TD009, TD018, TD023, TD027, TD028 or TD030 error code for Nest thermost...