cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Connecting temp sensor to Nest thermostat

Tickenigma
Community Member

I have two Nest Learning Thermostats; one upstairs and one downstairs. I bought a three pack of temp sensors and started to set them up. First one upstairs failed the connection test repeatedly. Tried another, same result no matter how close. Tried the the first one again downstairs, bam connected first try. Seems to be some issue with the thermostat upstairs but I haven’t seen how to troubleshoot that. 

1 Recommended Answer

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Hmm, it should be able to able to attach a Nest Remote Temperature Sensor then unless the BLE interface is defective. 

AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

View Recommended Answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

@Tickenigma , did you check to see if the upstairs  Nest needs a software update to be able to support the temperature sensor? I am just guessing here since I have never seen this problem. 

If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

I’ll take a look and see. 

It’s already up-to-date. 

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Hmm, it should be able to able to attach a Nest Remote Temperature Sensor then unless the BLE interface is defective. 

AC Cooling Wizard

So, how can I tell if the BLE interface is defective? Is there a way to get it exchanged if so?