cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Faulty Heatlink

USRNEST
Community Member

Hi there

We have had five Nest thermostats and corresponding Heatlinks for 4 years now and all have worked fine with the exception of one that until recently was very occasionally faulty over the past three years. The Heatlink will refuse to turn off the heating and we will come downstairs in the morning to the living space being 28° whilst the thermostat is only set to 18°. This used to happen about twice a year and we would phone customer services who would talk and walk us through a reset of the system which would usually work. In the last few months however it is happening almost every other day and costing us a fortune in excess heating bills. We decided to call out a Nest Professional who charged us £80 but didn’t have a clue how to fix the issue even though I had explained that it was a faulty Heatlink (why do these Nest Proffesionals not have replacement parts with them?) that was a complete waste of money!

We then called the Nest customer support again and they took us through the steps to reset the Heatlink yet again and we were then advised to call out a Nest Professional  to test the Heatlink with a multimeter (a continuity test) to clarify the fault.

I work abroad for weeks on end it is very difficult to find the time to do this and I also do not see why I should have to pay again for a Nest Professional when they had inspected the wiring previously and didn’t have a clue how to fix the issue. (I could go into much greater depth as to how the “Nest professional” failed to understand the system he came to fix but this is already boring enough).

Unfortunately this problem has persisted for over three years and the Heatlink is now out of warranty as we kept being pushed from pillar to post throughout this time.

I wanted to post this issue here as a last ditch attempt for Nest to offer us proper support and replace the faulty Heatlink.

Waiting in hope

Ben

Previous case ID:

Your Google Support Enquiry: Case ID [7-############1931]

0 REPLIES 0