cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Installation question

stballdvmnest49
Community Member

Old system has a wire labeled W/E, where would that attach on a nest thermostat?

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

W1 or W. It depends on the type of system you have.

stballdvmnest49
Community Member

can you elaborate on how to make the decision on which terminal to use, the white wire on the current thermostat goes to W/E, there is a black wire to W2, and it’s a heat pump system

Anonymous
Not applicable

W/E - this is where your wiring goes for your old thermostat right? Connect it under W1. Then, you already have W2 wire connected to the same W2 terminal from nest thermostat.

Thanks for your reply. After watching a half dozen videos on YouTube I came to that conclusion too. Thanks for your help. I now know more about wiring thermostats than I ever wanted to know😜

Hi everyone,

I wanted to stop by and see how I could help.

Your assistance is much appreciated, @Anonymous.

@stballdvmnest49, I hope you've got the answer you're looking for. I did find a helpful article with additional information about identifying a thermostat wire. If you're still in need of assistance, feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Mark

Hello stballdvmnest49,

I wanted to see if you still needed help. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Mark

Hi stballdvmnest49,

Just one quick final check in here since activity has slowed down. We'll be locking the thread in the next 24 hours, but if you still need help, I would be happy to keep it open. If there's more we can do, just let me know.

I appreciate the help, Mark.

Regards,
Emerson