cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last software

kantx
Community Member

Hi,

My Nest Learning Thermostat is still with software date from Nov. 16 2021.

Version 5.9.5.2

How is that, since last soft is apparently 6.2.22 released in May 2022.

I rebooted several times. Nothing changed.

I'm located in Brussels, Belgium

13 REPLIES 13

Olafmol
Community Member

I believe there are specific firmware versions for EU and non-EU Nest devices. I'm also on 5.9.5.2.

xaps
Community Member

hello. are you saying that the latest update 6.2-27 is not for europe? I live in Spain and I also have version 5.9.5-2 for a long time. Google does not make this point clear. Thank you

Olafmol
Community Member

Yes, i think for EU gen 3 learning thermostats the 5.9.5-2 is the latest firmware. Anyway, there are no release-notes for firmware updates so there is nothing we can learn about improvements or fixes.

xaps
Community Member

days ago I opened a ticket about nest updates. At a first level they have been asking me about the thermostat, its operation, Wi-Fi configuration, connectivity with the nest app, etc. I have been told that the ticket is escalated to the second level and a technician will contact me. I will comment here what they tell me, let's see if we clarify this situation

xaps
Community Member

Sorry for my English 😁

saattiii
Community Member

Just now I got reply from support on facebook. For EU model is actual  5.9.5-2 and for release notes they send me  link . Yes, there is not this version ....

xaps
Community Member

Thanks Saattii for the information, good to know. I saw the link days ago, google could explain better what versions are according to each country or region...

xaps
Community Member

Anyway I have seen in the forums that there are European users who have versions more current than 5.9.5-2. I don't know how they got it. Imported from outside Europe? And then what about Heat Link?

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Nest-Thermostats/Latest-software-version-Nest-E-Thermostat-EU...

kantx
Community Member

Now Nest App IOS is constantly losing connection and bloody Google service never replies on the phone. 

xaps
Community Member

Hello. Yes, I have read in forums that the latest versions have problems with wifi and connection to servers. Considering this, I prefer to stay on the old version 5.9.5-2, it is very stable. thanks for the comment

Olafmol
Community Member

Nothing you can do about the updates, they are automatic and OTA (Over The Air). TBH, i didn't experience any issues after my Nest updated to 5.9.5-2 last year.

xaps
Community Member

long live 5.9.5-2!!!!

xaps
Community Member

Hello everyone, finally they have corrected the update history, they have included the latest European version 5.9.5-2. At the moment there are no more updates for the EU model... maybe next year

xaps_0-1670255254141.png