cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest E not working correctly in cold temps (garage use)

Winterhouse210
Community Member

i use this thermostat in a garage in VT where temps can get cold.  even though i set it to 45F the device itself can get a blast of very cold air when the door opens in winter (or when left open some time).  As a result (I think), the thermostat will not work correctly to input temperature setting changes and will only activate heat as a result of its minimum heat setting (safety).  Have others run into this also?  Voltage is OK and otherwise it works (i.e., updates internet, settings can be changed, etc.  - it just doesn't activate heat the way it should outside the safety setting now).  Help support says that the safety will continue to work which is good but would be nice to find a smart thermostat that can withstand a new england garage in winter.

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, the excellent thread that dhx227 linked to is where we're all learning the workaround for the Safety Temp Zombie Nest bug.  That thread has gotten pretty long so here's a recent shorter one:  https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Nest-Thermostats/How-to-reset-Nest-thermostat-remotely/m-p/96...