cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Heat Link not resetting / continuous yellow light

ChrisWatson500
Community Member

We recently put he heating on after it being off for the summer and for a few days everything was working fine. But this morning I noticed an error message on the Nest control thermostat saying it couldn't connect to the heat link. There is a continuous yellow light at the top of the heat link.  After doing some simple trouble shooting it appeared all I had to do was to reset the link by holding the button down for 20 seconds.

Have tried this dozens of times, switched it off completely, changed power source to USD connection, rebooted broadband but no joy on anything. Still yellow light at the top. When I switch the power off and on the yellow light just comes straight back on. I cant clear it!

Any ideas or guidance welcome.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

20 seconds probably is not enough time to reset.

Press the Heat Link button, and keep pressed until a blue pulsing light comes on. Do not release until the blue light pulses slowly. I would say well over 30 seconds, but make sure it's a slow pulse, not a fast pulse. Just keep pressed until you feel it's a steady slow pulse, then release. Should that work, do the exact thing again. Twice in total. Then pair to your display.