cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Learning thermostat 3rd Gen with Bosch Condens 2300 W

Harun
Community Member

Hi guys, did anyone have any experience with connecting the Nest to the gas boiler from Bosch, model Condens 2300 W?
I am having a hard time with the installation because my old thermostat only had 2 wires (COMM and NO) and I did not receive any significant help from the Nest support regarding where to connect these 2 wires or any additional wires on the Nest.

The 2 wires connecting to the thermostat are on the blue terminal as shown on the picture below:

Blue terminal is used for the current thermostatBlue terminal is used for the current thermostat

The functions of the terminals on the boiler are as described below:

Harun_0-1637071309488.png

Please help, if anyone knows this I'll buy him a drink 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

MarkEllis
Community Member

You either need a 4 wire run to the thermostat as it requires power  or a stand for your thermostat (which provides power) and it will connect wirelessly to the  nest control box.  I have a boiler that just requires the 2 wires as well. 

The control box connects to the boiler via the 2 wires (all clear in the instructions and inside the box) and the thermostat communicates wirelessly with the box.

All that assuming your using the same Nest Thermostat 🙂    Control box  (boiler end)Control box (boiler end)Thermostat Living roomThermostat Living room

MarkEllis
Community Member

And to try and be clear...   The wires you show are literally going to an on - off switch controlled by the thermostat  but the thermostat requires power so there should be a positive and neutral  wire as a power supply going to as well.  If it is connected wirelessly all it needs is the power wire.  It is all in the manual.     

Harun
Community Member

Thanks for the swift reply @MarkEllis . The thing is, I did not receive the control box with my Nest, I only have the nest base to connect the wires to. Do you think I need that control box in order for this to work properly?

MarkEllis
Community Member

Absolutely you do for it to work. The control box is the brains it is also a connection to the internet so that you can manage your boiler from your phone. There are other great features like turning off the heating when you go out....  because it know when you phone left home ( if you have one). It is alto the thing that works out the best setting for you heating automatically to the rooms are warm when you want them to be and start to cool when your about to leave. All clever stuff and the control box does the switching.   

macskasa
Community Member

Dear Harun! I am facing the same problem that you described above. Would you be so kind to let me know if you were able to connect the boiler and the thermostat and in case you were what was the solution? Best regards! Adam