cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostat loses connection to Heat Link

cw2
Community Member

I've had a Nest Thermostat and Heat Link installed and working for over one year. In the last few weeks it's reported losing connection to the Heat Link several times. There haven't been any changes in location or settings. Every time it's reconnected ok - until it loses connection again a few days later. Any ideas?

I'm presuming it's the thermostat with the WiFi connection and the Heat Link using some other wireless connection protocol to the thermostat.

Also, if the thermostat part has the WiFi connection, is there any option to say 'reconnect' via the app? The app tells me the thermostat has lost connection, but I physically have to go to the thermostat to tell it to reconnect/pair - and then it's ok again. Part of the reason for using the Nest was remote control. Is there any other remote access, e.g. webpage?

Is this yet another failing of the app?

2 REPLIES 2

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

One reason could be your connection to your wifi. Are you connected direct to the router or via a booster point? You really need to be connected direct, and I find 2.4mhz better. Have you had any microwave, Dect phones or anything in that nature fitted that may have caused the problem? The most odd things can create a problem, even a remote car entry fob has been known.

It's not the WiFi; I have connection to the thermostat but the thermostat has lost connection to the Heat Link controller. The app is giving me this information as well. Apparently the thermostat connects to the Heat Link using "nest weave" - their own wireless network and protocol. It's this which has failed several times recently and needs manual intervention on the thermostat to reconnect. Apparently doesn't even retry.

The router is about 1m from the thermostat. Nothing has changed in the vicinity of either the Heat Link or the thermostat over the last year.