cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostats N262 error

JGR19711
Community Member

This Nest thermostat has been installed & working fine for a year.  This morning it's showing an N262 error, however there have been no changes to the setup or wiring during the past year.  When the Nest was setup in Dec 2020, there was an issue found in the outside AC compressor due to mouse damage on wires, and that was fixed.  Could the current N262 issue be due to another mouse damage incident?  Should I contact a professional to figure out what's happening?

5 REPLIES 5

R3
Community Member

N262 is low battery

Lucasusa08
Community Member

I need help

tibblet
Community Member

Have this too, been working with no issue for months. Not used the AC function yet as furnace is set to warm and working fine.  It’s very cold here and confused why it’s looking for AC. 
I tried restarting thermostat and flipped AC breaker off and on but still the same message

misk8470
Community Member

Hi there, did you find a solve to this? I have had mine installed for nearly a year and am suddenly getting switched between this error and another wire error. 

It was solved by my HVAC provider, something about the 2-stage heating controls.  I've included some excerpts below from my exchange with them.  "What we’re mostly concerned with is the lack of second stage control terminal on the thermostat back plate. Usually there is w1 for first stage heat and w2 for second stage heat and your thermostat only has w1.""We can try to make it work, if it does not we can put the furnace on a 600 second timer that will automatically turn on 2nd stage after 600 seconds of run time consecutively."  They were able to get it to work by adjusting the furnace as I recall