cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest WiFi and App set up issues

HK21
Community Member

Nest 3rd Gen not connecting to WiFi all of a sudden and has weird ver 6.2.22. Anyone relate to this?

5 REPLIES 5

sagdusmir
Community Member

one of my Nest Thermostats shows 6.2-22, too. And that device is the only one that does show three dots in the iOS APP overview instead of the temperature.  All other Thermostats are on 6.1-x and there is "no update available".

Perhaps google pulled the 6.2-22 firmware?

HK21
Community Member

Have you pursued this with Google? There is some goofy thing here. Why is only that thermostat with that unlisted firmware version?

sagdusmir
Community Member

Not yet. I will give it some time…perhaps the next update fixes things. The missing temperature in the overview of the app is the only issue I have encountered so far. 

dahamburg
Community Member

installing learning thermostat on android phone and the page " choose the number that matches your thermostat's display" will not load. Just keeps circling. Help

Colonel
Community Member

I had the same problem with my Gen 2 thermostat and 6.2-22.  I ran all the interactive trouble shooting techniques.  Nothing.  The thermostat didn't see any wifi signals and in a resort town I normally see at least 10 of varying strength.  

The fix:

I removed the thermostat from my Nest app.  Then I reset the thermostat to factory reset.  After that was done I did a hard reboot by holding down the bottom of the ring for 10 seconds.  Display went black and after about 30 seconds started back up.  Once it was done I reinstalled the thermostat back onto my Nest app.  I entered the pin I got off the thermostat.  Done.  It works!  I noted that the 6.2-22 version was gone and it reverted to 5.xx (didn't write it down).

I suspect the hard reboot of the thermostat along with removing and reloading on the app did the trick.