cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest does not support 2 location, only allows one location

Deancat
Community Member

I have 2 houses with 3 nest thermostats. The app only supports one location, always shows incorrect outside temp at the vacation house. Primary residence is accurate, vacation home never recognizes the correction location to obtain outside temp, always refers to primary residence location. I reset the Vacation home nest, I created a Google Home account with only the Vacation Home  address. Google Hone app will NOT allow the Vacation Home Nest device to be added.  I scanned the Nest QR codes and it does nothing.  Seems like such a simple change but it does not work. 

5 REPLIES 5

johnCNA
Bronze
Bronze

The Google Home app will allow you to set up multiple locations.

Deancat
Community Member

Home app did not work as I explained in post.  I saw the same feedback from an earlier post.  In my case, Home will NOT add my Nest as a device nor to does it find it when searching. I reset the Nest, still Home will not add the Nest device. So, no device, nothing to tie to an address. 

johnCNA
Bronze
Bronze

Have you looked through the help pages below?  Both the Nest app and Home app support multiple homes.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9293015?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid#zippy=%2Cmove...

Deancat
Community Member

I tried all actions in the article.  It does NOT work!  The Home app will NOT add the device.  

Car8954
Community Member

we have been on the phone with nest people for over 2 hours and they dont understand or can fix the problem