cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat Connecting to older Honeywell hemostat

Roadcorreo
Community Member

Hey there. any one else has the problem with extra wiring. The nest  Mirror hemostat only has 6 terminals. Other model I have 8 terminals. where do we go with the extra wires?

There isn't  enough information on Google for the specific low cost product!

NOT a Do It Yourself type product.

3 REPLIES 3

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

@Roadcorreo ,

If you search for “Nest Compatibility” you would have found the Google Nest Compatibility Checker: https://store.google.com/intl/en/widget/compatibility/thermostat/

just input your wire terminals that were being used, and it will advise on which Nest Thermostats are compatible with your system.  If you chose the basic Nest Thermostat because it was less expensive, you will not have support for multistage heating or cooling systems.

AC Cooling Wizard

AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Thanks for the answer 

In google nest help page comes up a directional  o/b  via menu ? 
when the nest run a test it worked fine. After I installed google home it display cool and blew heat? Can I try that? 

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

The O/B is the control wire for the Heat Pump reversing valve. The valve switches the Heat Pump form Heat to Cool or Cool to Heat.  There are two Heat Pump styles out there. They are called O models or B models.  O models are by default Heat models and B models are by default Cooling models.  You might need to change your mode From O to B.  Check your SETTINGS > EQUIPMENT > HEAT PUMP.

AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.