cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat v3 can't suddenly connect to wifi

Livai
Community Member

Hello members,

Since approx. 5 days i have issues with the nest thermostat. I won't connect to the wifi anymore. I have tried resetting network and resetting all settings to default but it doesn't resolve the issue. After that i tried resetting router and modem and that didn't help either. I have also tried turning of the 5ghz wireless on the router + connecting the thermostat to a different access Point but also that didn't help.  all my other devices can freely connect to the wifi. 

Kind regards Livai

1 Recommended Answer

Livai
Community Member

I fixed the problem, it may be a combination of some things i did. So i disconnected the thermostat to make the internal battery go flat. Then i turned it back on and did a total reset. Next i allocated a fixed ip address and DNS and that fixed the problem. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Sebnestuser
Community Member

Try all the steps in the video

https://youtu.be/gmyyVZyaBb4

So you're saying it's junk ? Because i tried all those steps. The funny thing is that the nest is sort of connected to the wifi but it can't get weather updates or connect to the app because it displays service unavailable.

I’m saying if you tried everything than get it replaced with a new one from nest, 

Livai
Community Member

I fixed the problem, it may be a combination of some things i did. So i disconnected the thermostat to make the internal battery go flat. Then i turned it back on and did a total reset. Next i allocated a fixed ip address and DNS and that fixed the problem. 

Bw358
Community Member

How do you

do a total reset?

coredump4
Community Member

My 3rd gen starting having the same problem earlier this year.  I was interested to see that you tried turning off your 5Ghz WiFi; that's basically what fixed mine.  In my case, I created a new SSID in the router that is 2.4Ghz-only, attached the thermostat to that and now it's rock solid again.  FWIW, my thermostat is running software 6.2-22.