cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

No Power to Rh - not even plugged into wall.

iimoorshiai
Community Member

3rd gen suddenly showed no power to Rh wire. Honeywell works just fine on the wall. And after heating people came to clean boiler I decided to put back on the nest. It worked fine but the battery was low so I removed it to charge and it decided to restart on it's own. When I reconnected it, it said once again now power to Rh. Now it's completely off the wall and still says no power to Rh. I can't even factory reset it. I can't get off the diagram / Tech info screen. Nothing about the nest is on the wall. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Jarhead
Community Member

You can use the USB port on the back of your Nest Learning Thermostat or Nest Thermostat E to charge it up when the battery is low. 

1. Pull off the thermostat display.
  2. Plug it into a USB port on your computer or a wall charger like the one you use to charge your phone.
  3. A blinking light on the front of your thermostat confirms that it’s charging. The color of the light will depend on the battery level of the thermostat when you charge it. Usually, your thermostat will take about half an hour to recharge. But if the battery is fully drained, it can take as long as 2 hours to recharge.

Batter level is fine now. It’s stuck saying no Rh connected even off the wall and fully charged. I want to factory reset it but cannot get to that screen. 

Jarhead
Community Member

For Nest Thermostat E or Nest Learning Thermostat

1. Press the thermostat down until the screen turns off (about 10 seconds), then release.
  2. Press and release the ring to turn it back on and complete the restart process. You'll see the Nest logo when it begins to start up. The screen will turn on as it finishes.

Ok thank you. I will try this and see if it will let me reinstall it from scratch. 

Jarhead
Community Member

Let us know if it worked.