cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ReplacedThermostat; Sensor won't connect

auntyBear61
Community Member

I've had a NEST for 3 years.  Had to replace the Thermostat (if failed).  Sensor won't connect.  I removed and readded the sensor, changed the battery (even though my tester said the battery was still good), placed the **bleep** sensor ON TOP OF the thermostat (is THAT close enough?)... still won't connect.  Getting cold toes here... and a heated brain.

Nest trouble shooter only tells me to do what I figured out and did myself. wow, great support.

4 REPLIES 4

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Auntibear61,

i’m sorry that you’re having trouble have you tried by chance going into the thermostat and removing the temperature sensor, then perform a reset of the thermostat, then re-initiate the thermostat, and then try to add the temperature sensor? I hate to say do a reset but sometimes I think giving the thermostat a full enema have a reset works to resolve some problems 

Ken, The AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Hey folks, 

We appreciate your help here, @CoolingWizard.
@auntyBear61, I wanted to follow up and see if you are still in need of any help. Please let me know if you are still having any concerns or questions from here, as I would be happy to take a closer look and assist you further.

Thanks,
Mel

Impatient me called Nest and got essentially the same guidance. Reset the thermostat and all was well!  Didn't even need to remove the sensor.  Thanks so much; I'm happy to confirm the accuracy of your solution 

Hey auntyBear61, 

Awesome — glad to hear that your issue is fixed. It looks like we can consider this one complete, so I will lock the thread shortly unless I can help out with anything else. 

Best, 
Mel