cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Safety heat only

Steveturo8
Community Member

I can't get any temperature from the furnace other than the safety temperature. No matter what I try using the Home app, nothing happens other than maintaining the safety temperature. I am sure overall connectivity is working and the furnace is running through the app run time stats and independent cameras.  It worked for a month or so, but quit. How can I turn up the heat? 

2 REPLIES 2

gstoynev
Community Member

There is another thread here which has a workaround that seems to work (for me anyway) - if your room temperature is close to your safety temperature, you have to lower or remove "safety temperature" setting to allow the thermostat to kick into "normal" or "Eco" heat mode. Allow for the room to warm well above your desired "safety" temperature and then try to put back the safety setting. Hopefully if your room temperature never reaches close to the "safety" setting the issue won't happen again. There seems to be an issue with the software where once you room drops to near the safety temperature the "regular" heat logic becomes disabled.