cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Seeking guidance for Nest Power Connector

jesseparrish1
Community Member

I installed a Nest Thermostat and trying to install a Power Connector to my radiant heating only system. The control board on the boiler is not configured like the installation guide shows. I have two thermostats, only replaced with the nest on one. The wiring for the thermostats at the water lines split to a power source with a switch and then to the control board at the boiler. Seeking some help/guidance on how to install on my system (if even possible). Please see images for more detail. 

838FD101-85B3-451E-8C6C-4FB1D57F1772.jpeg

A6149CA4-B376-4C88-A6BE-4FC9E6EF3947.jpeg

CDFDBFC5-D090-4BBA-AA34-B2C600EC77B0.jpeg

0C769AC3-2250-4778-843B-E26AA8BA3959.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

At the transformer with a power switch above, the Red and Green wires are the R and the Blue and The White wire are the Common.  Which picture shows the thermostat cables from the thermostat itself?

Ken, The AC Cooling Wizard. 

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

In image below, blue taped white coil cable w/ white & red wires goes to nest thermostat and the foreground brown coil cable w/ red, white, green & blue goes to the transformer.

0F720000-EAB4-4CB0-A4A3-F69CF7317251.jpeg

The blue taped coils in the image below for other thermostat - brown coil cable goes to the control board and white coil wires go to the other thermostat that’s haven’t replaced yet. I imagine when I do replace I will need another power connector (?)

9F08606B-C108-431A-A4D1-DFBCCF76EE20.jpeg

5E1F398A-D4AE-4FA5-A345-7A3FAEC96A07.jpeg

01527C3C-EEA1-4A31-829F-86843BC1EE60.jpeg

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Ok, so here is how your system works.  If either valve thermostat initiates heating by connecting TR TR  to TH, the gas furnace will light and the Valve will open. If the second valve has its TR TR connect to TH, it will open the valve.  If either thermostat is satisfied, it will break the connection of TR TR and TH closing the valve.  To turn off the furnace, both thermostats will need to be satisfied.   

This system is not compatible with the Nest or any programable smart thermostats the way it is currently wired. 

Ken, The AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Hey folks, 

We appreciate your help here, CoolingWizard.
jesseparrish1, I wanted to follow up and see if you are still in need of any help. Please let me know if you are still having any concerns or questions from here, as I would be happy to take a closer look and assist you further.

Thanks,
Mel

Hello there,

I'm checking back in — how's it going? Have you had a chance to install your power connector? Here are some references to help you install your new Nest Power Connector on your HVAC system.

If you need help from a professional installer, you can schedule an appointment and get pricing from OnTech, our pro installation partner.

Regards,

Mark

Hello jesseparrish1,

I'm checking in to make sure that you've seen our response. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns before we lock this thread in 24 hours.

Thanks,

Mark