cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thermostat error

Patti7246
Community Member

So, I received an email from Google stating there was an issue with my thermostat and it needed to be replaced.  Mind you, it works perfectly fine.  It is connected to my internet and my Alexa and works perfectly fine.  In chatting with someone, I was told Google would send me a replacement, but I had to give them a credit or debit card or use Google Pay for them to put a "hold" on until I returned the defective one, which again, is working fine.  I asked how much the hold was and I was told that the agent couldn't tell me, but once the replacement was received, I'd be able to see it.  I am not all about giving anyone my credit card, bank card or Google Pay info blindly.  SO - here is my question.  Is this in fact the way they do business?  

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I'm not saying the email you received isn't genuine, but you can check you're speaking to the genuine support team by following the steps below.

1. Go to Contact Us - Google Nest Help
  2. Select an appropriate product or category, type a brief description of the issue, then click Next.
  3. Click Other, then click Next step.
  4. In the Resources section, click Next step.
  5. Choose to get a phone call, call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I'm not saying the email you received isn't genuine, but you can check you're speaking to the genuine support team by following the steps below.

1. Go to Contact Us - Google Nest Help
  2. Select an appropriate product or category, type a brief description of the issue, then click Next.
  3. Click Other, then click Next step.
  4. In the Resources section, click Next step.
  5. Choose to get a phone call, call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.